Tuesday, January 26, 2016

banning solitary confinement for juveniles in federal prison


President Obama visited a federal prison in Oklahoma back in 2015, Charles Samuels, Director, appears to be in background 


A story appeared in the Washington Post where it says that president Obama banned the use of solitary confinement against juveniles in Federal Prison. This is only one step in the right direction. See full article here....https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-bans-solitary-confinement-for-juveniles-in-federal-prisons/2016/01/25/056e14b2-c3a2-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html

The President must have been moved by his visit to a federal prison, which in my humble opinion, are inhuman. How can I say that ? Because the worst hurt you can do to a human being is to hold him/her against his/her will. Ever since we are out of the confinement of a womb and till we are brought back into mother earth, our mission is to walk the planet earth.

What can you expect in solitary confinement? To be all by yourself, locked in small cell with a bunk bed, a toilet. That's how it is in MCC, the downtown detention center where federal prisoners are held, pre trial and post trial. I was in solitary confinement for two days when I was extradited from Canada to USA and one more thing, in the winter, the rooms are freezing cold. When I was in other institutions, I heard that people were held up to 120 days in a small cell with nothing to do 23 hours a day, save "one hour" of recreation.

To read what prison is all about...read my story.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011GTWLOG with an additional 7 volumes.
I will be forever traumatized by my experience through the justice system.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment