Sunday, January 17, 2016

who's who in Otisville



Image result for walter forbes arrested
Walter Forbes in corporate days

Another person on my who's who list of Otisville goes to Walter Forbes. If you read my story about Nemazee, it is Mr. Forbes who is privileged (if that is what you can call it) to sit next to Mr. Nemazee in the dining room. According to larrynoodles.com, he is also residing at "Park Avenue"of Otisville, a sunny , quiet area of the main building which houses 100 inmates. The cubicles are all stone white and it resembles sort of a hospital.

I looked him up online and it says that he was former chairman of the cendant corporation and he was responsible for pulling off one of the biggest accounting fraud in the 1990's. According to the article, his fraudulent actions caused cendant market value to lose 14 billion dollars. To read his story, go here...http://www.biography.com/people/walter-forbes-234606  

I thought he was related to Forbes magazine but I have not seen any relationship yet. Some people say he is a billionaire. You would never know from the looks of this person's shy demeanor.

His job is mopping the floors in the administrative building at Otisville. One thing that strikes me about this person is his silence. He is like a deer. I never heard him say anything.

He got a 12 year sentence and he will be coming out in 2018. I was not the one to judge him but I feel that sentencing elderly people to a decade of time is too harsh a punishment. I read that in South Korea, a 200 million dollar fraud nets you two to four years in the can.



To read more of my story, go here.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment