Monday, March 21, 2016

believing in their own lie....


Arvind Sanmugam has been sentenced to five years in prison, a term two years longer than even the prosecution requested.
Arvind Sanmugam, courtesy Toronto Star


Reading through the Jason Porter story, I came across another swindler I met in the West Detention Center, Toronto , Canada by the name of Arvind  Sanmugam back in late 2011. I remember him telling me to be very careful when I go to the Don Jail as it is a  very dangerous place and always watch my back, especially, when I am on the telephone. His name rang a bell when I matched online the stories to what he was telling me. He was right about the Don Jail. Probably the only truth that came out of his mouth. Also, he said he was suing the mayor and that he had some organization. He appears to be South Asian, perhaps from India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.  The way he talked, he believed in his own lie.


The article said that he was already behind bars 26 months and that he had 34 to go, being that he got a five year sentence for swindling people out of their money in phony investments.  See story here.... http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/11/09/market_fraudster_judge_sentences_phony_investor_to_5_years.html  


As for the people who lost their money, who knows how they acquired it, maybe it was through fraud and this was payback. Only God knows.


You can tell someone is in jail a long time by the look of his cell, if he has a lot of stuff accumulated, if he has a lot of shoes, notes etc. Arvind fit that picture.

He also appears to be highly intelligent as I found an article he wrote in February 2016 which means he is out of jail and I link it here...https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/every-crime-should-beget-just-punishment-arvind-sanmugam


I hope he learned his lesson in jail. If anything, he should make a good fictional writer. He can write all the fraud he wants and wont get into trouble as it is only fiction. Best of luck to Arvind for being free and I hope he stays out of trouble. 

I wonder if psychologists have ever made a study of criminals who believe in their own lies. It would make an interesting read... 

To read more of my wonderful prison experience, please go here...http://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment