Sunday, March 20, 2016

madoff slams mini series

Madoff and his television version, Dreyfuss, courtesy, NY Post 

According to New York Post, Madoff claims that the new mini series, Madoff, starring Richard Dreyfuss, is full of lies. A fraudster can spot a fraud. He says he never hit his son, his brother was brilliant, he never had an affair with a CFO of a Jewish charity and he says his father was president of a shul in Queens. See New York Post story here...http://nypost.com/2016/02/16/bernie-madoff-says-miniseries-about-his-life-is-full-of-lies-just-the-real-thing/

I had beefs what was said about me when I was busted. They said I fled to Canada. I moved over a two year period. They said I was a fake Rabbi. I did get ordination. So everything you read in a newspaper may not be accurate. There is two sides of every story and then there is the truth.


Now about Madoff, he was just making his money off greedy gamblers, people lazy not to work but wanted to some one else to make money out of majic or thin air. So he took the big hit and was given a life sentence. I think that is unjust. He should have gotten the most a ten year sentence like his brother and live the rest of his life doing community service till some crippling ailment or alzheimers would settle in. Then he would be placed in a nursing home. On the other hand, I think it is cruel and inhuman punishment to jail anyone over 70 years old who is non violent. They can be easily monitored on the outside. By that age you are fighting your body just to survive. Being in jail, you are fighting not only your body but potential younger inmates who can advantage of the older folks. Why cannot we follow Italy? In their system, anyone over 70, doing a white collar crime, does is her/his time on home confinement. That is humane.  

To see what prison is about, since I spent some time there , please read my story...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment