Monday, April 11, 2016

Tax Scam sounds Indian

Image result for indian tax scam
IRS phone scam


There was a story on NPR.com where a lady is targeted by an alleged IRS agent demanding that she withdraw money from her ATM and send it via western union or money gram by a Walmart. She is threatened with arrest. See story and recordings here....http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/04/11/473847620/a-real-life-tax-scam-this-is-what-irs-phone-fraud-sounds-like

I listened carefully to the conversation and the phony IRS agent clearly sounds like an Indian, not native but from South Asia. I can tell from his accent. How can I make that assumption? Since I dealt with many Indians when I was an immigration lawyer. They have a very distinct tone and accent.

What happens to the caller if and when he gets caught? He will be prosecuted by the federal government and he won't be harassing anyone for money anymore, only his relatives to send him commissary money in prison.

To see what these scammers can expect in Federal Prison, you can read my story here...http://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment