Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Montreal Telemarketing Scammer sentenced in California

US Attorney Office,C.D., CA, Los Angeles California

According to the US Attorneys office, Los Angeles,California, a Mr. Peter Omagbemi, of Montreal, Canada, was sentenced to 47  months for running scams including but  not limited to fake lottery and credit repair services. He thought the Canadian border would protect him against the long arm of American justice but they got him good.  Ses story here...http://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/canadian-man-sentenced-nearly-four-years-us-prison-mass-marketing-schemes-targeting-us

The only deals Peter can make in prison is how many mackerels he will have to spend to buy a pizza or to pay for his dirty laundry.

I came across Canadian telemarketing scammers in MCC, MDC and Fort Dix. They said it was easy to con victims. Peter Gruman, also from Montreal, told me that the best advise is that when you hear a telemarketer calling, just hang up or don't even pick up the phone. Once the con artist engages you , it is difficult to get rid of them. Don't fall for their con. One telemarketing scammer told me that he paid big money for lists of people who bought sweepstakes.


I was also extradited from Canada and I served 1316 days in seven institutions and trust me, I regretted my crime every single day. That is why I blog about it and try dissuade others not do crime and to respect the law.  

To read more of my story, go here....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment