Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Officer Pimp

Image result for prostitution
NYPD officer charged in prostitution ring

A story emerged from the New York Times, which I assume picked up their story from the US Attorney's Office, Eastern District, NY, in that an NYPD Officer was allegedly moonlighting as a pimp. See story of times here....http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/nyregion/fired-new-york-officer-is-accused-of-running-prostitution-ring.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fnyregion&action=click&contentCollection=nyregion&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

The indicted officer, Edjuardo Cornejo is charged with  transporting women in interstate commerce to engage in prostitution. See Fed story here....http://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/recently-terminated-nypd-officer-arrested-interstate-transportation-prostitutes

What was this cop thinking, that he could moonlight being a pimp and never get caught? How could an officer entrusted with protecting the law end up promoting and protecting hookers and prostitutes?
Does this make any sense? Prostitution is as old as the Bible. How can I say such a bold statement? Since the Bible records Tamar being dressed as a prostitute to lure Judah to have sex with her. The term in the Bible is called a kedeisha, an offshoot of kodesh, or holiness. Officer Cornejo must have been on a high, with the power of being a cop and then working with prostitutes. When he got arrested, he must have had a  mental crush.

Officer Cornejo held in this detention center



Officer Cornejo is now incarcerated at MDC Brooklyn, a warehouse building in sunset park. It is a place where the natural sunlight never touches your body, a place that you are locked in a room 24 hours a day.

When I was at MDC, Brooklyn, awaiting my transfer to Otisville, I was in the unit with the busted cops, which is 7 North. Some of them are there for sex charges, drugs and robbery. All kinds of crazy stories. You must remember that cops are human like me and human, prone to human failings. I hope Officer Cornejo, if he is guilty, realizes what he did was wrong and gets eventually a second chance.
Now if Officer Cornejo fights the charges and wins, he is a free man. If he goes to trial and loses, he will get hammered.
 
I am no stranger to prison as I sat 1316 days in seven institutions for the white collar crime of immigration fraud. Being a former immigration lawyer, I stand disbarred and a convicted ex felon and I hope and pray that I get a second chance too. I do realize what I did was wrong. I have a lot of regret but I cannot change my past. I hope my future is rosier.....

At FCI Fort Dix, I also met a former Homeland Security cop named Nissim, who was also busted for running a korean prostitution ring. He got a ten year sentence for his crime. He left behind a wife and two infant children. At least his nightmare is over and he is back with his family


To read my story, go here....http://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment