Friday, September 2, 2016

Power grab in the name of religion

I thought that only in prison is there a fight for the control of the chapel. I did not know or maybe I did not want to know how dirty and ugly it gets in the temples that we pray in.

I wrote Shul Wars, the fight for God, over the petty fights I saw in Shul, Synagogue, Temple or whatever you want to call it. If you say a prayer twice, you committed the biggest sin in the world but you can fondle little children and that's no problem. This is the madness behind the fence that I saw.

Then I come to pray at Young Israel of Ocean Parkway and everyone is fighting for control of the pulpit, and in the end , the mutiny of the rabbi fails and he resigns. Very dissollusioned about that place.  

Is our religion only about power and money. Is this what Moses envisioned when he wrote down the Torah?

To read my story about Shul Wars, the fight for God, go here....https://www.amazon.com/SHUL-TEMPLE-WARS-fight-G-d-ebook/dp/B011VARJEC
SHUL (TEMPLE) WARS: the fight for G-d by [Langner, David]

No comments:

Post a Comment