Monday, January 23, 2017

According to NY Times, Manhattan Jail aka MCC is tougher than Guantanamo Bay

MCC, courtesy NY Times.


According to an article in the NY Times, MCC, which now houses El Chapo in solitary confinement is one of the toughest jails in the nation. See article here....https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/nyregion/el-chapo-guzman-manhattan-jail.html

I lived in that horrible, water bug and mice infested fortress during my fifteen months of incarceration, pending my sentencing for immigration fraud. The first two days of my stay I was in solitary confinement, and eventually, I was transferred to 7 North to general population, and what a relief that was. The place was scary. Every week fights broke out amongst inmates, some leading to blood shed.

However, there is corruption in that place as smoke was brought into that building by corrupt guards. I witnessed the smell of cigarettes. Another guard or CO that I knew was busted for filing phony unemployment claims.

Thomas Qualls


"Sabu" of anonymous



 My bunkies included Sabu aka Hector Xavier Monsegur, Thomas Qualls, a financial fraudster, and others. I used to sing Hebrew songs to Hector. Eventhough Monsegur was over 300 lbs, he let me stay in the bottom bunk.  Qualls was big into working out and doing Yoga. Monsegur was set free in December 2012. He was excited when he left that morning, not knowing if he would be back. He never came back. I met up with Qualls again in FCI Fort Dix and for some unknown reason, he is now in Devens, MA, federal prison hospital. Qualls release date is 2024.  

 The rooms are frigid cold and I used to sleep with a blanket over my head. You have to wake up at 6 AM for breakfast and back then I  wore UPS looking overalls.

The papers say El Chapo is facing life imprisonment, which is akin to living death.
 To read more of my story, go here...https://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG
PRISON: what to expect in Federal Bureau of Prisons (Prison series Book 1) by [Langner, David, David, Earl]

No comments:

Post a Comment