Thursday, January 5, 2017

Statue of Liberty Cruise Scammers


ticket from scam company headquartered at 40 Wall Street, owned by Pres. Trump

We wanted to visit the Statue of  Liberty on January 5, 2017. It was a sunny but very windy and cold January day. We were approached at the street corner near the terminal ferry where you buy the tickets. The slick talking Ghanian said why wait three hours on the long line when you can buy tickets from us and you can be at the Statue of Liberty  in one hour. He looked official as he had a card hanging over his neck and his vest showed the statue of liberty. We naively bought two tickets totaling 75 dollars  and the other people who were with us bought tickets tor $130. The guy said the van is across the street by the glass building. I walked over there with my pregnant wife and son in the windy freezing cold and there was no van. Then I asked people around there and finally we were lead a few blocks to Water street where we waited like 1 hour for a van, freezing over there in the Siberian winds. We were then  taken to pier 36  near the Brooklyn Bridge. On the boat I asked the guy selling snacks if we are docking at the Statue of Liberty and to my shock and disappointment, the kid says they only take us near the statue of liberty. What a scam and racket this company pulled off. 

The company name is called www.esusightseeingtours.com . They have a toll free number, 1-800-211-3049, and no one answers the phone.

And guess where they are located??? 40 Wall Street, owned by Donald Trump. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
 

I advise anyone not to buy tickets from these street corner thieves.  

I want a full refund of every penny I paid these con artist scammers. I never suffered so much in my life waiting for a van. My hands almost got frost bite and my four year old autistic son was almost red like a lobster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment