Thursday, June 23, 2016

My thoughts on Judge's urging to "Jettison the madness of mass incarcertation"

An article appeared in the NY Times that discussed a federal judge's opinion about mass incarceration. See article here...http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/24/nyregion/federal-judge-urges-us-to-jettison-the-madness-of-mass-incarceration.html

In my humble opinion, it does not go far enough. What do I mean? Not only is this over kill of long sentences but even home confinement and supervised release goes to the extreme of craziness and madness. What do I mean? I have an autistic son that needs to go the park. He cannot be jailed in an apartment. There were times when I was on home confinement that I asked permission to take him to a park but was denied. Was I a threat to society? This is a country that has gone mad with control. Then on supervised release  I go weekly to a mental health clinic called the New York Center for Neuropsychology and Forensic Behavorial Science and of course paid for by the government except a five dollar co pay.  I ask the lady for a program and she says there is none. I ask the lady for my medical records and she says she cannot give it to me. That alone is a federal HIPPA violation. Is this what the founders of our nation wanted? Total control of every move, every thought we can think of. The government is concerned of medicaire fraud that it arrests health care professionals every single day trying to nickle and dime them. But the government needs to look itself in the mirror and say, wait a minute, lets give our convicts a little breathing space. And what's ironic about this situation is that I assume that the ones who made the most harshest laws against criminals are the biggest hypocrites themselves, the House of Hypocrites. Take Hastert for example. The speaker of the house. Look at him now. Sitting in federal prison for something he tried to cover up. Sexual crimes. I wonder what his position was when he was on top of the Congress? I am sure he has regret every second he sits in prison. I all I could say to the people in power , lessen up, lessen up, lessen up. All of these harsh and rigid rules may apply to you one day.

I got into trouble because I did not use a two letter word, called no. I had no boundaries. Now I am trying to rebuild my life and when I see a scam, I will call it a scam. I learned the hard way to say, no, stop taking advantage of me.

Federal Prison is pure punishment. There is zero rehabilitation. Billions of dollars of taxpayer money spent on high priced correction officers baby sitting human beings convicted of federal crimes that put people away for a very long time. To read my story go here....https://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment