Thursday, October 13, 2016

My personal experience with Donald Trump

40 Wall Street


I, Earl David, was quoted in a bloomberg news story, written by Max Abelson, who I personally met in the Bloomberg News Tower on 58th and Lexington. See story here...http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-trump-40-wall-street/

I discussed with him my life at 40 Wall Street and how I met Trump when he was buying the building.

What people fail to realize is that Trump is only out for his own interest. Did he share his wealth with the world? Obviously not. I got first hand knowledge as my brother originally leased a part of the 60th floor back in 1990 and he signed a five year lease. The building was falling apart. I had the best views of the Statue of Liberty as I practiced immigration law.  A Chinese company bought 40 Wall Street in the early 90's  and starting fixing up their own floor on the highest floor, I believe it was either the 66th or 67th floor. In any event, they could not hold onto it and then the Donald came into the picture and eventually bought the building for a song and a dance for the tune of 10 million. I met him once in front of the building and I did give him a handshake and then he jumped into the back of his limousine.

The way my immigration business was booming back then, maybe I should have bought that building.....I could have filled it up with immigration clients.

I say that Trump is pure business is that since my brother did not sign the option to renew the lease, we were forced to vacate and we moved to 110 Wall Street.

I went through two feet of leases at 40 Wall and I clearly saw that my brother did not sign the document where it said, option to renew. We pleaded to stay but it fell on deaf ears.

Trump is a friend of no one. His love is money and women. That is all I have to say about this person.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment