Monday, May 30, 2016

Gorilla shot at Cincinnati Zoo and boy saved

Gorilla and boy, courtesy youtube


I still am in shock how a boy ends up in a gorilla enclosure. This can be a lawyer's feeding frenzy. I mean, how can there be an opening where a kid can get inside a gorilla cage? This story makes no sense to me. Miracle of miracles and thank G-d the boy was saved. Remember the story in Connecticut where a monkey, 1/3 the size of this gorilla, ripped a face off a human being.

This story reminds me of king kong where kong fell in love with a woman. Even though the gorilla appears to be protecting the child, the Cincinnati zoo officials did the right thing by killing the gorilla. No one will lose a night sleep over that but if the child was killed, there would be tremendous suffering on the part of the parents.

To animal lovers, the zoo did a horrible thing but in my humble opinion and I believe most will concur, a human life has more value than an animal and that is why they killed the animal to save the human. In any event, why could they not tranquilize the gorilla?

The Cincinnati Zoo has a lot to answer the public over the safety of their place. I am waiting to read what they have to say....  

No comments:

Post a Comment