Tuesday, July 12, 2016

40 Wall Street


40 Wall Street aka Trump Tower


A writer from Bloomberg news recently wrote a report about the Trump Tower aka 40 Wall Street.
Actually I met the scrawny, semi tall, non religious Jewish reporter named Max Abelson, who gave me a 20 minute interview in Bloomberg's flagship tower on 58th Street. They have an open kitchen so I took a tea and a banana.  I wanted to take a picture of the place but he said it is not allowed. The place was filled with salt water fish tanks. I even saw a reporter doing a live interview. I guess that is how billionaires spend their money. See story here...http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-trump-40-wall-street/

In any event, the focus of the interview was 40 Wall Street. I told him that I worked there between 1990 and 1995 and that when we moved out, I was actually crying because I missed the view from the 60th floor. My room was facing the lower bay and the Statue of Liberty. I used to love watching storms roll in from the New Jersey skyline. When I was there most of the building was empty and in decay. The doorman used to take us to the 50th floor so we can have spectacular views of the World Trade Center. I will never forget 40 Wall. We also worked with Lawrence Mark Krauss, the lawyer who was killed by a felled tree on or about 2009 in Teaneck New Jersey as he walked home from synagogue in the midst of a raging Nor easter.

I even met Donald Trump in front of the building . I got to shake his hand but then he jumped into his limousine. He is not a friendly person. My cousin even told me he is a germophobia. Maybe that's what explains his quick getaway into his vehicle. Trump bought the building for a song and a dance. I believe he paid 10 million dollars and now it is worth half a billion.What a deal!  

No comments:

Post a Comment