Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sentencing Transcript of Sentencing Day

Federal Courthouse, SDNY, where I got sentenced, courtesty forbes.com
This is the most important day in a prisoner's life. Why? Because that is Judgment day. The day when the Judge will decide the prisoner's fate which can be from as little as probation all the way to life imprisonment or even the death sentence.

My sentencing Transcript covers my lawyer's speech, my speech, the prosecution's speech and the Judge's speech. When I first got arrested in Canada, the Crown (Prosecutor) said I was facing 120 months. When I got to USA, the prosecutor said I was facing 45 years. I thought I would go home in a box and the best case scenario, a wheelchair. I eventually took a plea and I signed for 78 months to 97 months. The Judge gave me a break and sentenced me to sixty months. At the end of the day, I sat 1316 days.

To read my sentencing transcript which covers sentencing day, read it here...it makes an interesting read as noted by a reviewer who gave it a five star review...."Found this book to be an excellent read. Rated it 5 Stars. Had not heard about this before reading. Well written."


 https://www.amazon.com/Prison-What-Expect-Sentencing-Transcript-ebook/dp/B01HR9EYM6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment