Thursday, January 7, 2016

Yolanda Foster's ex, charged with illegal construction

Controversial Bel Air home of  Mr. Hadid,

Radaronline is reporting that Mohamed Hadid, ex husband of movie star Yolanda Foster is facing misdeameanor charges for illegal construction on his home, dubbed, Starship Enterprise. See link to article at http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/mohamed-hadid-yolanda-foster-ex-criminally-charged-development-bel-air-mansion/

The neighbors are up in arms, saying the construction is endangering the neighborhood, causing destabilization of the hillside.

What is my connection to this story? I can understand where Mr.  Hadid is coming from since one of my first civil cases that I represented back in 1989 was regarding the lifting of a  restraining order filed against my cousin, Aaron David, M,D. (New York's Best OBGYN) who knocked down his old shlocky house to build a mansion on the same land, which abuts the hudson channel in Merrick, NY. The neighbor was claiming that the foundation pylons that the contractor was knocking into the land was causing his house to tremor and shake.

In the end of the day, my cousin got the permits to build his mansion. My two cents advice to Mr. Hadid is to hire structural engineers and seismologists to defend the building of his home and the safety of the construction work.

What amazes me about this story is this uber wealthy individual with this kind of money is under attack where he starts a project, spending multi millions of dollars, not thinking he is going to end up in jail and now it has turned into a criminal matter. Likewise myself,  I worked so hard in my immigration practice, starting out with the best intentions of reuniting families and giving people a better life in the United States, fielding 5,000 calls a month and in the end of the day, I have to sit in jail for my crime for 1316 days.  To see what prison is like, see "Prison, what to expect,http://www.amazon.com/PRISON-expect-Federal-Bureau-Prisons-ebook/dp/B011GTWLOG        

No comments:

Post a Comment