Monday, December 28, 2015

War of the Roses

I was shocked to see how the locals from a town called Bloominburg, NY, stopped a developer from building townhouses for the Satmar community.

Coming from a Chasiddishe family, this strikes me as outright blatant anti semitism. I am also surprised at one of the people they interviewed, an Indian fellow, an immigrant himself, could contest people moving to the town. I just don't know why some immigrants are racist.  People need to remember, that we are all from planet earth and we must respect our fellow human beings. Satmar people are warm, friendly and not dangerous people.

I am attaching a link to this story as reported in the WSJ. Comments are always welcome

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-development-fight-in-the-catskills-1440378361 

Shalom Lamm has finished 51 townhouses in his development, which he named Villages of Chestnut Ridge. He hopes to build a total of 396 homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment