Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snow impasse


snow off kings highway

The NYC blizzard ended Saturday evening, January 23, 2016 so you would think I can walk with a stroller and a child on a major thoroughfare without getting stuck two days later? If you answered yes. You are wrong. Wrong? How can I say that?

The street corners were a slushy mess and some corners, especially on Coney Island Avenue and Kings Highway, were not even shoveled but were a mass of mushy snow. My wife had to help me lift the stroller with our son in tow or else he would have been stranded on a street corner.

I don't understand what the store owners are thinking? Don't they understand that their are mothers with carriages and strollers coming to buy and shop and if they cannot navigate through corner sidewalks, they will lose business?

I had to make all kind of detours just to maneuver around impassable slushy street corners, two days after the storm.

Please store owners, have some common courtesy and put some brains in your heard, get some shovels together and clear the corners so we humans can bring our little ones in strollers and carriages.    

No comments:

Post a Comment