Sunday, February 21, 2016

Deadly Israeli Bus Crash Follow up

The scene of a deadly bus-truck collision on Route 1 on February 14, 2016 (ZAKA)
scene of crashed bus , feb. 14, 2016, courtesy timesofisrael.com

Last week I reported that a bus crash carrying frum Yidden (Charedi Jews) from Jerusalem to Bnei Brak crashed and their were fatalities.

In a follow up, I read that people on the bus were calling family and complaining that the bus driver was speeding and on the phone, two deadly combinations. The bus driver, Chaim Bitton was of Moroccan descent.  

I hope they have laws in Israel that it is illegal to be on a hand held phone and speed while you are taking passengers with you. If you want to kill yourself, which is of course against Torah law, don't take with you innocent lives. Imagine all the suffering this person caused to families. I read that the driver was arrested. He may do serious time due to the loss of life that he caused.

I am no stranger to accidents as my mother was killed in a horrible car crash when my father was driving up to Canada on erev pesach, April 21, 1978 during a sudden snow squall.We woke up 4:30 AM from an upstate motel so we can be on time for bi'yur chameitz and look what happened. I live with this tragedy every day of my life. Everything happened so quickly. I was so close to my mother and in a split second, she was gone but never forgotten from my heart.

The lesson is to be alert and drive cautiously, and please try not to be distracted.

See my tragedy here...http://www.amazon.com/Day-My-Mother-Died-Frances-ebook/dp/B014HJ38SU

No comments:

Post a Comment