Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Thoughts on ABC Interview With Teresa Giudice

Amy Robach of ABC, interview with Teresa Giudice



I saw the interview between Teresa Giudice and Amy Robach from ABC News and most of what Mrs. Giudice said I can relate to since I also spent a lot of time behind bars. She said it was a living hell, there was mold in the shower stall, the water was freezing cold etc. See interview here....http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/exclusive-real-housewives-star-teresa-giudice-prison-living/story?id=36798513

One thing I cannot understand is when the reporter asks her if she was committing a crime, she said definitely not. Believe it or not, I asked the same questions to high profile inmates and they had the same answer. For one Marty Frankel, who plead guilty to a massive insurance fraud, said he did not commit a crime. Another one, Nat Schlesinger, who went to trial and was found guilty of insurance fraud, said he was framed.

I can see from the lifestyle of Ms.Giudice that she burns threw a lot of money and how that might have lead her and husband to commit the frauds they did but I am just surprised how Ms. Giudice can tell the world that she does not think she broke the law. Is that what she told the judge before she got sentenced? If that is the case, what will she do differently in the future to ensure she does not cross the line again?

I for one know that I broke the law and will never deny it. I broke down before the Judge and humbled myself.  My beef with the government is that they fined me 2.5 million dollars without the benefit of seeing any documents or without even looking at my tax transcripts. Everything happened so fast. My lawyer comes with the paper work and says if you don't sign you are going to get hammered. Being in jail you cannot think straight. You feel that you will be locked up like a wild animal forever. I begged him to lower the dollar amount below 1 million dollars. I showed him proof that I refunded people over $250,000.00. He did not fight for me. In the end, the plea agreement that I signed, between 1 million and 2.5 million, became a 2.5 million dollar judgment against me. I am screwed the rest of my life. From someone who worked so hard on behalf of immigrants, writing letters on their behalf day and night, taking abusive phone calls and in the end of the day, spending time in dangerous jails and getting a huge fine on my head, I constantly ask myself, was it worth it? was it worth becoming a lawyer? I wish I knew everything I know now before I ever stepped foot into law school. I would run a million miles in the other direction!

To see the plea, go here....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011ZLMSWK
To see the order of forfeiture against me, please go here.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011ZSGVYE
to see what hell I endured in prison, please go here...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011GTWLOG
Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment